Academic Policies and Resources
- Academic Fresh Start – Students returning to OTC after an absence of 3 years or longer, with a cumulative OTC GPA of less than 2.0, may apply for Academic Fresh Start in order to recover from a deficient GPA.
- Academic Standing – At the completion of each semester, academic standing is determined for each student enrolled for that semester.
- Authorization to Repeat a Course – Students may need to repeat a course or wish to substitute a course for a degree requirement.
- Change My Academic Advisor – Students may need to change their Academic Advisor.
- Change of Program – Students may decide to change their Program of Study or Major.
- Colleague (Datatel) Resources – These items below are commonly used by Deans, Department Chairs, Program Directors, Center Directors, and Academic Advisors. Some links required you to sign-in using your credentials.
- Course Load/Overload – Students should consider their course load when planning their semester.
- Graduation Honors – A special distinction is awarded to students who demonstrate high scholarship in completing a certificate and/or associate degree.
- Issues with your Diploma – If you have not received your diploma or need a duplicate, our office can assist you.
- Notifications/Holds/Percs – COMING SOON – This item may prevent your registration for a future term or could prevent the release of your transcript. Find out who you need to talk to to get it lifted.
- Self-Placement Resources – OTC is committed to providing students with the guidance and information they need to make appropriate self-placement decisions.
- Transcript Key – The following Explanation of Academic Transcript is the same information provided on the back of each official page of the OTC transcript. To see more click here.
- Waitlisting – Waitlisting is a feature in myOTC that allows a student to “get in line” (i.e., get on the waitlist) for classes that are filled/closed. To see more click here.
- Withdrawing From Classes – Unfortunately, students may wish to discontinue all coursework for the semester/term at Ozarks Technical Community College.
- Withdrawal – When you request a withdrawal, you are discontinuing all coursework for the semester/term at Ozarks Technical Community College.
- Late Withdrawal – OTC may grant a Hardship Withdrawal to a student who experiences non-academic emergencies which interfere or prevent the completion of coursework.
- Dropping/Withdrawing from Classes and the Affect on Financial Aid – Dropping courses may affect your financial aid.
Last updated: 09/26/2018