Student Loan Information

Institutions base student loan eligibility upon your academic grade level and active program of study at OTC as well as your loan borrowing history.

In determining how much you may borrow, understanding which grade level you are is important. Students in a:

  • Certificate program are considered grade level 1.
  • Two year program with less than 30 credit hours completed are considered grade level 1.
  • Two year program with 30 or more credit hours completed are considered grade level 2.

See helpful links below:

How Much Can I Borrow?

First Time Students Receiving Student Loans
How Your Student Loan Will Disburse
Direct Student Loan Interest Rates

How to Apply for a Student Loan

In myOTC, view My Awards through the financial aid menu. If you do not have any awards showing or additional documents are needed or currently under review, you will need to wait until your file is complete to view student loan eligibility.

If you wish to request a new or additional loan, go to myOTC and select Request a New Loan through the financial aid menu.

You must have a completed MPN and Entrance counseling through

Federal Parent Plus Loans

Ozarks Technical Community College does not participate in any of the Federal Plus Loan Programs. The Federal Direct Loan Program is the only student loan program the college participates in for students.

Private Student Loans

Ozarks Technical Community College will only certify a private loan for students currently active in the Aviation Flight Technology program and enrolled in Aviation lab courses. Due to the cost of this program, it is the only degree program for which private loans may be certified.

Students enrolled in the Aviation Flight Technology program lab components may request a private loan through Sallie Mae or Commerce Bank.  OTC requires all federal financial aid options be exhausted prior to certifying a private student loan for an Aviation student.

Private Student Loan Disclosure Information:

Information Disclosure

When a student borrows money through the Federal Direct Student Loan Program, the college provides information to the National Student Loan Data System and its authorized users such as guaranty agencies, lenders and educational institutions.

You can view your loan borrowing history at  Federal Student Aid.