Federal Work Study Program
The FWS program provides part-time jobs for students who demonstrate the “need,” according to the results from their FAFSA. The program allows students to earn money to help pay their education expenses. Funding for the FWS program is limited, and positions are filled through an interview process. Due to this, the FWS program encourages interested students to apply early as.
- Complete the FAFSA for the academic year you wish to be considered.
- Only enrolled students are eligible for work study.
- Submit a request to see if you are eligible and a Work-Study Assignment Form by clicking here.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT:
- Once you submit your request, the FWS Program determines your actual eligibility on the basis of your FAFSA results.
- An the program only issues assignment forms if you are eligible for the work-study funds.
- The maximum hours per week will be either 10 or 15 hours depending on your eligibility.
- The program will notify you by your OTC webmail when your work study assignment form is ready. If you are not eligible, your email will provide an explanation.
Students selected for verification from the (FAFSA) will need to request another form for eligibility once verification is complete.
- Once you have your work-study assignment form you may begin the employment process.
- Students must have a work-study assignment form before requesting an interview.
- View positions online at the link below.
- Contact the supervisor to request an interview.
- Take to the interview a copy of your class schedule and previous work history.
- Take your assignment form to your interview; this lets the supervisor know you are eligible for work-study.
Once hired, you must:
IMPORTANT: Do not begin work until the Financial Aid Office notifies you via your OTC webmail account that the FWS Program approved you to begin work.
- Both you and your supervisor sign the assignment form as indicated.
- Go to Human Resources:
- Complete direct deposit and employment forms with Human Resources.
- Complete an OTC application for employment.
- Authorize a background/consumer report.
- Wait for an email from Financial Aid letting you know you may begin work.
Payment for work performed:
- Students earn $10 per hour.
- Pay day is on the 15th of each month; if the 15th falls on a Saturday, the pay date will be Friday; if the 15th falls on a Sunday, the pay date will be Monday.
- You are paid by direct deposit into a checking or savings account.
- We are processing Federal Work Study hours worked in Time Clock Plus (TCP), be sure to follow the pay period schedule for Federal Work Study. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please review the video instructions for clocking in/out of TimeClock Plus. Also, here is a link to a training video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1CUNUGiy6Q