The Fast Track Workforce Incentive Grant is a new financial aid program for adults beginning with the 2019-20 academic year. The program addresses workforce needs by helping adults pursue a certificate, degree, or industry-recognized credential in an area designated as high need. More than 635 program areas have been designated as eligible.
- Individuals who are 25 or older or individuals who have not been enrolled in any school within the last two years can participate.
- The program will serve students who have not yet earned a bachelor’s degree and are planning to enroll part time or full time.
- Individuals who make no more than $40,000 per year, filing single, or not more than $80,000 filing jointly.
- Find an approved program at an eligible institution.
- Complete the Fast Track application, available through the State Student Financial Aid Portal. Click here to register for the portal and to complete your Fast Track application.
- Complete a self-certification form and return it to:
Missouri Department of Higher Education
Attn: Fast Track
P.O. Box 1469
Jefferson City, MO 65102
- You must complete the FAFSA each year you are enrolled (or are planning to enroll) in college. Individuals interested in receiving Fast Track for the 2019-20 academic year will need to complete the 2019-20 FAFSA, using tax information from 2017.
The MDHE receives electronic FAFSA records for Missouri residents directly from the federal government. The MDHE cannot process your application until you have a FAFSA on file.