OTC takes pride in educating veterans and service members – We appreciate your service and will do all we can to assist with your transition to higher education.

OTC is approved to certify enrollment for students eligible to receive VA education and training benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs. In order to be certified, a student must be enrolled in a program leading to a Certificate, Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, or an Associate of Applied Science degree.

For information regarding your eligibility, contact the Veterans Affairs Administration at:
1-888-442-4551 or visit the official website at

To learn more about how to apply for and access your VA benefits at OTC please view our veterans’ benefits video.



Note: In accordance with Section 103 of the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018, Ozarks Technical Community College will not penalize, by means of late fees or denial of access to classes, libraries or facilities, student veterans that are unable to meet their financial obligations as a result of delayed disbursement of payment by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

DO NOT complete until
you have registered for classes!


Public Law 116-315, Section 1019 - - Overpayments and Debts

  • As of March 4, 2021, schools were notified of changes with Post 9/11 GI Bill.  These changes are retroactive to January 5, 2021 and impact both the college and the student.
  • What this means for you:
    • When a student drops or withdraws from classes that were certified for VA benefits, OTC will now be responsible for collecting unearned tuition and/or fee benefits from each student, and refund the amount directly to the VA.  This outstanding debt must be repaid to OTC by the student.
    • College policy requires such debt to be paid prior to registering for future semesters; therefore, the previous VA extensions in place through September 30, 2021 are not applicable to this type of debt (tuition and fees).  Students will receive a notification from OTC indicating the outstanding debt due date.
    • Section 1019 only changes the tuition and fee debt procedure. When a student drops or withdraws from classes certified for VA benefits, the student will remain responsible for repayment of monthly housing allowance (MHA), books and supplies directly to the VA.  VA collection of student MHA and book/supply debt remains extended until September 30, 2021.
  • If you have questions or would like additional clarification, please feel free to contact us at .