OTC recommends each student educate themselves about VA Education and Training benefits which are available because each student has a unique goal and timeline to graduation. Selecting the right benefit for your educational plan takes planning.
Some notes on benefits:
- The Department of Veterans Affairs generally specifies benefit programs as a “Chapter” (i.e. Chapter 33 for Post 9/11, or Chapter 35 for Dependent benefits). It is important for you to understand which Chapter(s) you may use when requesting certification of enrollment.
- The Department of Veterans Affairs determines eligibility, not OTC. Apply for VA Education Benefits HERE.
- If you are eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill and other education benefits at the same time, the federal government requires an irrevocable choice between using benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill and another GI Bill benefit, such as the Montgomery GI Bill. Be sure you understand what benefits you may want to use or give up.
- If you are eligible for more than one education benefits, you MAY be able to alternate which education benefit you draw during a term depending on your eligibility.
- Active Military Servicemembers who wish to use Tuition Assistance (TA) should consult with the closest Military Education Center due to deadlines and budget constraints.