OTC as the Home School:
If the class you are taking at the Host school will transfer (meet a needed requirement) into the degree you are seeking at OTC, a consortium agreement may be requested. OTC would be considered your Home school.
But, if you are degree seeking at your other school, they would be considered your Home school and you would need to initiate a consortium agreement there. OTC would be the Host school.
If you determine OTC is your Home school complete the Consortium Agreement Request form and see below.
- This agreement is valid for the consortium between OTC and the Host institution for the purpose of providing financial assistance to the named student.
- The student certifies they are:
- Admitted to OTC as a degree-seeking student.
- Enrolled in classes at the Host school which are required for their degree completion at OTC and are eligible for credit transfer. Approval is required from your assigned Student Services Success team.
- The student agrees to:
- The student is responsible for submitting a transcript to OTC’s Admissions office within 30 days following the completion of the semester.
- Any enrollment changes at the Host institution, including course drop/withdrawal, will be reported to email@example.com within 15 days of the change.
Tuition and Fees:
- Under this agreement, OTC serves as the degree-awarding institution. We bill tuition and fees for courses taken at OTC at normal rates. Students are responsible for reviewing their OTC charges and making payment arrangements in myOTC through Student Accounts.
- OTC will not charge tuition or fees for courses taken at the Host institution. The student is personally responsible for all charges assessed by the Host school and all payment arrangements with the Host school, regardless of whether the student completes the course.
Application of Financial Aid:
- Financial Aid eligibility, including the return of funds, will be monitored by OTC. This will be applied to OTC fees and the balance will be electronically transferred to the student’s SmartCard.
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP):
- SAP will be evaluated in accordance with OTC policy and will include performance at both institutions.
- Drop/withdrawals from courses under this agreement will be treated as withdrawals from OTC courses.
- Students are responsible for requesting an official transcript be sent to OTC admissions at the end of each semester.
Deadline to Submit:
- Individuals must submit consortium agreements, with approval from your assigned Student Success team, to OTC Financial Aid office no later than the 16th calendar day of the semester.