An IRS Tax Record may be obtained through:
The IRS Website
- Print the transcript from the IRS website – Click “Get Transcript Online.” Choose the tax record you would like to print.
- To use the Get Transcript Online tool, the user must have (1) access to a valid email address, (2) a text-enabled mobile phone (pay-as-you-go plans cannot be used) in the user’s name, and (3) specific financial account numbers (such as a credit card number or an account number for a home mortgage or auto loan).
- The transcript displays online upon successful completion of the IRS’s two-step authentication.
- Request the transcript to be mailed – Click “Get Transcript by Mail.” Choose the tax record you would like mailed. The transcript is generally received within 10 business days from the IRS’s receipt of the online request.
If you are unable to obtain your tax record through the IRS website then you may request one through:
- Automated Telephone Request – 1-800-908-9946. Transcript is generally received within 10 business days from the IRS’s receipt of the telephone request.
- Paper Request Form – IRS Form 4506-T. The transcript is generally received within 10 business days from the IRS’s receipt of the paper request form