Preparing for college is exciting but stressful. Everybody wants to go to college for free, but most people don’t know how. Scholarships4School.com helps answer this question. This one website gives you an overview of the scholarship process from beginning to end. They’ll let you know how to find scholarships by telling you who offers them, who to contact, and how to search for scholarships online. Click here to start learning more!
How to Write a Scholarship Essay
- The essay should tell the reader who you are; what you value; how you see the world; what you hope to accomplish, and importantly, why you need the money.
- Make sure you read the essay questions carefully and thoroughly. You want to answer the specific question asked. Give the judges good reasons why you deserve the award.
- If you need help with your essay, be sure to visit the Carol Jones Writing Center.
Questions to Ponder
- What experiences have made you who you are?
- Who has inspired you?
- What have you accomplished so far academically or in the community?
- What are your goals?
- Why do you need a scholarship?
- How will this scholarship make a difference?
- Do you have a mentor?
- What examples can you give?
- Make an outline.
- Use spell check.
- Follow the directions.
- Ask someone to read your essay and provide feedback.
- Be concise but thorough.
- Avoid lofty endings. You want the essay to feel finished at the end.
- Offer a thank you to the judges.