Important Information for High School Counselors and A+ Coordinators

Dear High School Counselors and A+ Coordinators,

Please note the following changes coming to the student registration process that starts on November 14, 2018.

Beginning with registration for the spring 2019 semester, students must sign up for My Payment Plan on the same day that they register for classes or they will be dis-enrolled from their classes at midnight. A student’s registration is not complete until the student signs up for My Payment Plan the same day the student enrolls in classes.

When students register for their spring classes, they MUST sign up for My Payment Plan on the same day they register to hold their spot in those classes. If they do not sign up for My Payment Plan the same day they register, they will be dis-enrolled from those classes at midnight.

Beginning spring 2019, My Payment Plan will offer three monthly payments for the semester scheduled on February 5th, March 5th and April 5th. Signing up for My Payment Plan the same day that they register is necessary to ensure that their registration is complete.

Anticipated aid will now be factored into the student’s account balance viewable in myOTC.

For example, their registration charges will include all tuition and fees owed to the college minus their anticipated aid. Anticipated aid is based on a complete financial aid file.

(Registration charges) – (Anticipated financial aid) = (Balance used to calculate monthly payments)

For example, if their registration charges total $1,000 and their anticipated financial aid is $250, their balance of $750 will be divided among remaining payments. 

When they begin the process to register for classes, they will need to follow these three steps:

1. Contact their advisor.
  2. Register for classes.
  3. Sign up for My Payment Plan on the same day they register.

If you have questions, please refer to our FAQs found here.

Best regards,

Student Account Services
cashhelp@otc.edu
Phone: 417-447-4827

Student Services
studentservices@otc.edu
Phone: 417-447-6900