Fast Track: What Happens Next?
1. Loan Counseling (5 minute video) and sign Fast Track Loan Counseling form (located in your MyOTC Financial Aid portal).
2. Fast Track requires you to submit a self-certification form for each new semester of funding.
- If you have not already completed the self-certification form for the current semester, please click on self-certification form and return to MDHEWD. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (573) 751-6635, Attn: Fast Track.
3. Be on the lookout! Missouri Department of Higher Education and Workforce Development (MDHEWD) will email the Approval Disclosure (second Truth in Lending Act disclosure) to eligible students.
- The students will also receive a form that must be returned within 10 days to either accept, reduce, or decline the award. If the student fails to take action, the award will be cancelled as if the student had declined it.
4. A promissory note for the amount accepted will be emailed to the student.
- The student must sign the promissory note and return it to MDHEWD within 10 days for the award to be disbursed. If the student fails to return the signed promissory note by the deadline, the award will be cancelled.
5. Next, the Disbursement Disclosure (the third and final Truth in Lending Act disclosure) will be emailed to the student. This disclosure confirms the loan information based on the amount of the disbursement.
- The student will have 10 days to cancel the disbursement.
6. If you choose not to cancel, OTC should receive the funds approximately five business days after the cancellation deadline has passed. Student Account Services will then apply funds toward your student account balance.
- To monitor updates to your student account, go to MyOTC and select the Student Account Registration Charges page.