Transferring Credits from a Non-Regionally Accredited Institution
OTC typically evaluates transfer credits into OTC (Non-Regionally Accredited) coursework completed on a case-by-case basis.
In order to properly evaluate credits from a non-regionally accredited institution, we require students provide supporting documentation in addition to the official transcript. Students should contact the academic department that taught each course at the institution attended to obtain appropriate documentation. Once collected, please forward all information to TranscriptEval@OTC.edu. OTC will then forward documentation to the appropriate Department Head or Dean for evaluation. After which, the college will notify the student of the results. Please allow 2-3 weeks for the evaluation process.
For OTC to consider this, documentation should include:
- Cover letter or email listing the desired degree program and a list of courses the student requests for evaluation
- Copy of the course syllabus from the semester the student took the course for each course the student wishes OTC evaluates
- Course description from the semester the student took the course
- Official transcript
Once evaluated, OTC will notify the student of the results via email from TranscriptEval@OTC.edu.
If a student is still unsatisfied with how the course was evaluated, they may contact the Student Ombudsman in the Academic Affairs office:
- Office: Information Commons East; Room 243B; Springfield Campus
- Phone: (417) 447-7435
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last reviewed: 11/26/2019