If you are transferring to another school in the U.S. as an F-1 or M-1 student, you must first ensure your admittance at a new school. Then turn in the “Transfer Out Request” form (located at the bottom of this page) before the IP office “releases” your record in SEVIS. This transfer release means that your information will be accessible by a new school. They can issue a new I-20 using the same SEVIS ID. Please remember that once we release your data, we will not be able to reverse it. Only one school can access your information once released. This means that you will need to think carefully about choosing a new school to transfer to.

Speak with the International Student Advisor at your new institution to learn what information and papers OTC may require.  Then make sure to inform the International Student Advisor at OTC that you are transferring to another university. As soon as you arrive on your new campus, report to the International Student Advisor.  He/she will make sure that the department completed your transfer process according to immigration regulations. If you wish to leave the U.S. during the transfer, consult your International Student Advisor.

International students wishing to transfer into a bachelor’s degree program are not limited to where they can apply after completing their studies at OTC. Articulation agreements between OTC and many other institutions of higher education are already in place. Of note, both Missouri State University and Drury University have personnel available in our Student Services office to discuss transfer options. Missouri Southern State University represents another transfer opportunity. Their Institute of International Studies website  provides additional information.