Tuition Assistance (TA) provides 100% tuition assistance for students with 10 years or less of military service; for students with 10 to 17 years of service it covers 50% of tuition. Tuition is paid at the rate of $245.60 per credit hour. The program covers up to 39 credit hours per year (15 credit hours for fall/15 credit hours for spring/9 credit hours for summer).
State TA is available to all Army National Guard members and pays for tuition only for schools approved for Missouri State Tuition Assistance.
- All Army members MUST APPLY for and exhaust their Federal TA before they will be awarded State TA.
- Applicants must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.5. Failure to maintain the grade point average will result in the student being placed on academic probation for the next semester. Should the grade point average remain below the 2.5 level, the student will be denied any further State TA until achieving the required grade point average.
- State TA may not be used to obtain a degree in theology or divinity.
- State TA may only be used to obtain your first undergraduate degree.
- Soldiers must remain in an active military status for the semester/session for which they are receiving educational assistance. Failure to maintain active status will result in the recoupment.
View more: Missouri Military Education Benefits