skip to Main Content

Transfer FAQs

Consult the Transfer FAQs below for the answers about transferring from OTC.

Will OTC courses transfer to other institutions?

Will OTC Courses Transfer

OTC is accredited by North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Therefore, most general education classes can be transferred to other accredited institutions.

Each institution sets its own policy for accepting transfer credits. OTC can assume no responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained on the web sites of other institutions.

Should I complete an Associate of Arts degree at OTC before transferring to a university?

Should I Complete an AA Degree at OTC

Usually, yes. The purpose of an Associate of Arts degree is to fulfill general education requirements for a degree at a university. In most cases, OTC encourages students who begin at OTC to complete an AA degree before transferring.

What if I’m not planning to complete an Associate of Arts program before I transfer?

What if I’m not Planning to Complete the AA?

The best advice is for students to be in close communication with the institution to which they plan to transfer.

How can I be sure that I am taking the right classes at OTC for the school to which I plan to transfer?

How can I be sure I’m taking the right classes?

It is always wise to establish early and frequent communication with the institution to which you plan to transfer if you want to get the most for your time and money. Even though the accreditation of a school may be the same, courses that transfer may or may not fulfill degree requirements at the receiving institution . Some schools may prefer certain course choices to others. The more you communicate with the university you eventually hope to attend, the smoother your transfer will probably be.

What is CORE 42?

The Missouri Department of Higher Education (MDHE) has identified a common set of general education courses. These courses are called the “CORE 42.” CORE 42 courses are guaranteed to transfer to any Missouri public college or university to satisfy general education requirements.

For more information, visit

Will my Associate of Applied Science degree transfer?

How will my AAS transfer?

In most cases, if you have an Associate of Applied Science degree and wish to transfer to a university, you will receive a course-by-course evaluation of your transfer credit that will indicate applicability of your courses to their general education requirements.

If you have plans of transferring to a university, the Associate of Arts degree or the 43 hour block is typically the best option.

How do I send my transcripts to another school?

Sending Transcripts

Visit the The Office of the Registrar for information on requesting your transcripts.

Transfer FAQs

Back To Top Skip to content