Student OT Association (SOTA)
Student OT Association (SOTA) group is a group that is related to the Missouri Occupational Therapy Association (MOTA).
This group is made up of students at OTC that are in the OTA program.
Objectives of this group are:
- Promoting and maintain high standards of integrity, honor, and charater
- Raising awareness of the OT profession within the OTC and the surrounding community
- Encouraging responsibility, accountability and efficiency in leadership on campus and in the community
- Promoting fellowship among the members
- Encouraging participation in local, state and national organization.
- Encouraging community service through the organization
All OTC- OTA students are members of this group, there are positions of leadership within this SOTA group if a student would like to take on a leadership role.
We encourage members to attend SWMOTA (local OT association) as well as MOTA.
Being an active member in SOTA allows students to interact with practicing OT’s in the community. That networking and associations help with future jobs and making connections to for the future.
Contacts: Sandy Sanford