Division/Department: Veterans Upward Bound
Job Title: Academic Lab English Tutor/Office Assistant
Description & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Academic Coordinator in teaching English skills necessary to reach the students’ academic goals. English skills include grammar, essay fundamentals, and doing research. Will also assist with proofreading essay papers and resumes.
- Relate to all types of people especially those who have difficulty learning.
- Encourage and help to build student esteem.
- Tutoring – facilitate student learning; guide the student rather than provide an answer.
- Provide clerical support by answering phones, photocopying, word processing academic testing, and other duties as assigned.
- Dresses in a manner appropriate to the position.
- Interacts appropriate with participants, VUB staff, OTC staff, volunteers, and the community at large.
- Conducts himself or herself in a professional manner respecting co-workers and VUB participants.
- Must be able to multi-task as well as change tasks based on the needs of the students who are present and the needs of the program (must be flexible).
- Maintains confidential; have good communication skills; have the ability to accept persons from differing backgrounds and economic situations; have patience; and basic computer skills.
Location of Position: ICW 217
Campus: Main Campus-Springfield
Reports To: George Mayes, VUB Academic Coordinator & Michelle Ciesielski, VUB Program Director
- Previous tutor experience preferred but not required
- High school diploma or equivalency; current degree seeking student at OTC.
- Recommended: Some college education with emphasis on tutoring area.
Application Information & Deadline
For additional information on the position, contact:
Ozarks Technical Community College’s primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies. Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com