- Complete the admission process with OTC.
- To apply for your GI Benefit, complete VA form 22-1990. This link will take you to the VA website application page. Be sure to select submit.
- Submit your DD-214 (Member-4 copy) and any other related documents, such as kicker contracts to OTC’s Certifying Official. If you are a Reservist, please submit a copy of your DD-2304 Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE). Please do not make any changes to these forms as we will not be able to accept them. (required)
- To get the most credit possible for military training, submit a copy of your military transcript. You may order a copy through the Joint Services Transcript site at JST. (not required)
It is STRONGLY recommended that students receiving VA benefits file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Once you have registered for classes:
- Enroll in My Payment Plan. All students must establish a payment plan the same day they register for classes.
- Complete the Request for Certification form and submit it online. To complete this form, you MUST know what Chapter of the GI Bill you are using. Please be sure to indicate the semester for which you are requesting to be certified.