Transferring Your Benefits from Another Institution

  1. Complete the admission process with OTC.
  2. Complete the appropriate process(es) below:


Complete VA form 22-1995, Change of Program or Place of Training.  Submit DD-214 (Member-4 copy) to the OTC Certifying Official.  Also, be sure to submit any other related documents, such as kicker contracts.

Survivor/Dependent Benefits

Complete VA form 22-5405, Change of Program or Place of Training.  Be sure to select “submit” after you complete your application.


Please submit a copy of your DD-2304 Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) to the OTC Certifying Official.

3. To get the most credit possible for military training, submit a copy of your military transcript.

OTC STRONGLY recommends that students receiving VA benefits file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.

Once you have registered in classes:

  1. Enroll in My Payment Plan by the appropriate payment deadline. All students must either pay in full or set up a payment plan.
  2. After you register for classes, complete the Request for Certification form.

Please check your OTC e-mail frequently. OTC e-mail is the official method of contact the VA Certifying Official uses. 

NOTE: Submit all documents to the VA Certifying Official by any of the following methods:

Located at the front counter of Student Services (Springfield campus)


Ozarks Technical Community College
ATTN: Veterans Services
1001 E Chestnut Expressway
Springfield, MO 65802

Any Student Services location