Dependents Using Benefits for the First Time

  1. Complete the admission process with OTC.
  2. Complete the appropriate process:
    • If you are an eligible dependent of a veteran who was permanently and/or totally disabled due to a service-related condition or who died while on active duty, you may apply for benefits here .
    • If you are an eligible dependent of a veteran who transferred his or her Post 9/11 (Chapter 33) benefit, the veteran must first complete the VA form 22-1990E . The student must then apply for the transferred benefit here.

OTC STRONGLY recommends that students receiving VA benefits file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.

After you register for classes:

  1. Enroll in My Payment Plan .  All students must either pay in full or set up a payment plan by midnight the same day of registration to hold their class schedule.
  2. Enter the Veteran and Military Services Forms and Information page to complete your Certification Request at the top of the page.  Your request is required each semester you wish to use your VA education benefit.
    • Chapter 35 students MUST include the veteran’s Social Security or VA file number.
    • Chapter 33 students MUST indicate that they are using transfer of benefits.

Please check your OTC e-mail frequently. OTC e-mail is the official method of contact the VA Certifying Official uses.

NOTE: Students should submit all documents may to the VA Certifying Official by any of the following methods:

Deposit Box

Located at the front counter of Student Services (Springfield campus)




Ozarks Technical Community College
ATTN: Veterans Services
1001 E Chestnut Expressway
Springfield, MO 65802

Hand Delivered

Any Student Services location