Dependents Using Benefits for the First Time
- Complete the admission process with OTC.
- Complete the appropriate process:
- If you are an eligible dependent of a veteran who was permanently and/or totally disabled due to a service-related condition or who died while on active duty, you may apply for benefits here .
- If you are an eligible dependent of a veteran who transferred his or her Post 9/11 (Chapter 33) benefit, the veteran must first complete the VA form 22-1990E . The student must then apply for the transferred benefit here.
OTC STRONGLY recommends that students receiving VA benefits file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
After you register for classes:
- Enroll in My Payment Plan by the appropriate payment deadline. All students must either pay in full or set up a payment plan.
- After you register for classes, complete the certification form and submit it to the OTC Certifying Official. To complete this form, you MUST know what Chapter of the GI Bill you will use.
- Chapter 35 students MUST include the veteran’s VA file number.
- Chapter 33 students MUST indicate that they are using transfer of benefits.
Please check your OTC e-mail frequently. OTC e-mail is the official method of contact the VA Certifying Official uses.
NOTE: Students should submit all documents may to the VA Certifying Official by any of the following methods:
Located at the front counter of Student Services (Springfield campus)
Ozarks Technical Community College
ATTN: Veterans Services
1001 E Chestnut Expressway
Springfield, MO 65802
Any Student Services location