On-Campus Employment

Here you’ll find the procedure and necessary information for applying for on-campus employment.

Traditional international students (students with F-1 status) may work on-campus. However, before beginning to work, these students must first obtain a Social Security number. The hiring supervisor can work with prospective student employees in order to collect the necessary documentation to provide the Social Security Administration.

Your prospective campus supervisor will provide a job offer printed on school letterhead.  Take this job offer to Dr. Loren Lundstrom, the International Programs Office Director. He will then provide you with a letter verifying your status as an enrolled student at OTC.  Take your student identification, your visa documentation, the job offer on school letterhead and your enrolled student verification letter from Dr. Lundstrom to the local Social Security Administration Office.

For directions, check their website at: http://www.socialsecurityoffices.us/state/mo/social-security-office-springfield-mo.

It takes about two weeks to receive a Social Security card. However, once the Social Security office assigns a student a number, they may complete hiring paperwork with Human Resources. Once HR clears them to work, they may begin their on-campus job. International students must complete an International Student W-4 form, along with the other required forms:

  • Student Employment Agreement
  • Student Hire Form
  • A completed USCIS I-9 (Students must complete Form I-9 in the Human Resources Office)
  • A Direct Deposit Enrollment Form.

Students can find part-time positions available at the OTC campus on the Human Resources employment webpage: hr.otc.edu.