OTC Employee Tuition Waiver
Refer to OTC Policies and Procedures manual, section 3.46, Staff Enrollment and Tuition Exemption for eligible employees and benefit information.
Instructions to apply for the Employee Tuition Waiver
Print and complete the Application for Tuition Waiver form.
- If you have questions when completing the Application for Tuition Waiver form please email firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Tuition Waiver) or drop by Student Accounts at any college location for individualized help.
- Remember to complete these steps before your final payment deadline date, so your classes can be held for the semester. All processing steps take time — please do not delay!
Obtain all appropriate authorized signatures.
- Supervisors — please carefully review the Application for Tuition Waiver before signing. Remember, you are certifying the accuracy of all information submitted on the form.
Prepare all required attachments.
- Dependency Documentation – We need to validate that your dependent is listed on your most recent tax return and eligible as a dependent as defined by Internal Revenue Code; however, we understand your income should remain private. If you will provide us with a copy of the top half of your return, which validates the dependent is an exemption, that will be acceptable documentation.
- Request To Take College Class During Working Hours form – If you are taking classes during regular work hours or during a scheduled lunch period, you must complete this form and obtain the appropriate signatures. The form is located at OTC Intranet – Staff & Faculty Resources under Human Resources.
Scan the waiver and all attachments (if applicable) and email to email@example.com.
- This is an electronic process so it is very important for you to email the application and supplemental document(s) together. Once you complete and email all documents, the Financial Aid office can begin processing your waiver.
- Please allow 10-14 business days for initial processing of your waiver before proceeding to Step #5.
Enroll in the Financial Aid plan to hold your classes.
- If you need assistance with the Pending Financial Aid plan enrollment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org(subject: Tuition Waiver) or drop by Cashier Services at any college location for individualized help.
- This credit waiver will not post to the student’s account receivable account until approximately 5 weeks after classes begin.
- OTC will not charge you a fee for this plan, unless you choose to use it to pay any remaining balance on your account.
You can direct questions regarding policy or eligibility to email@example.com or 417-447-4827.
If your request is incomplete, you will receive an email from Financial Aid at which point you must start the process over and resubmit all documentation.