Division/Department: Disability Support Services
Job Title: Disability Support Services Student Mentor
Description & Responsibilities:
The DSS Student Mentor will have the following roles:
- Assist students with:
- DSS Application.
- Filling out Exam Requests.
- Troubleshooting login/username/email issues.
- Help facilitate Social Club.
- Help identify and escort students to academic resources.
- Be available when requested (during working hours).
- Assist new students with needs or concerns.
- Share knowledge and experiences to benefit other students.
- Maintain confidentiality of information shared by mentee.
- Reach out to students via email/phone for:
- Assist with DSS’s Project Connect.
- Working towards specified goals for student mentees.
- Responsible for gaining and maintaining mentees trust and confidence by interacting morally, ethically, and collegially, so as to value mentees time and commitments while engaging in activities that support DSS mission.
- Be willing to perform other duties as assigned.
Location of Position: ICE 116
Campus: Main Campus-Springfield
Reports To: Jeff Jones, DSS Director
- A heart for working closely with others.
- Willingness to commit to a consistent schedule.
- Interest in working with people with varying abilities.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be punctual and dependable.
- No previous work experience required (this could be a student’s first job).
- Currently enrolled OTC during the semester (as per Federal Works Study Guidelines).
- 5 cumulative GPA.
- Preferably a candidate will have successfully completed a minimum of 24 credits hours, or at minimum, 2 semesters at OTC.
Application Information & Deadline
For additional information on the position, contact:
Ozarks Technical Community College’s primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org