Division/Department: Academic Services/Academic Support Center
Description & Responsibilities:
- The tutor assists students in developing the concepts necessary to complete students’ academic goals.
- The tutor must conduct him or herself in a professional manner and in accordance with OTC policies outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- The tutor assists students only in the subject(s) for which he/she has qualified based on grades and faculty recommendations.
- Tutors enrolled as an OTC student must maintain a good academic standing and maintain a GPA of 3.00 in the subject area(s) tutored.
- The tutor seeks to encourage and build student esteem and shows respect to all students regardless of the level of knowledge or course level.
- The tutor freely seeks assistance from other tutors, supervisors, textbook resources, and other instructors in his/her subject area whenever he/she has the least uncertainty about responding to a student’s need or question.
- The tutor facilitates student learning; he/she never simply provides answers. The mission of the tutoring program is to “empower students to achieve success.” This philosophy must begin with the tutor.
- The tutor actively works toward College Reading & Learning Association (CRLA) certification by attending meetings and completing assignments to further his/her tutoring skills. CRLA Certification Level I must be obtained within the tutor’s first full semester of employment, and subsequent levels of certification must be obtained each year afterwards.
- The tutor is friendly and courteous to all students and staff.
- The tutor responds readily to the supervision of all staff members. The tutor accepts the responsibilities of the tutor role. Such responsibilities include arriving on time, filling out paperwork, and keeping his/her supervisor informed on any schedule conflicts (giving a minimum of two day notice if at all possible).
- Perform other duties as assigned by the tutor’s supervisor.
Required – none
Desired – Experience teaching or tutoring others. Work that required good communication and interpersonal skills.
-Grade of “A” or “B” in ENG 101 or 102
-Written recommendation of an instructor for ENG 101 or 102
Application Information & Deadline
Ozarks Technical Community College’s primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com