skip to Main Content

First-Time Student

If you are a first-time student, follow this application process and get started at OTC today!

Apply for Admission

Fill out the free application online.

For important date information, click here.

Apply for Financial Aid

FAFSA Information

The FAFSA is the first step for students wanting to apply for Pell grants, student loans, work study, A+ scholarship, certain veteran’s benefits and certain scholarships. Click here.

Student Loan Information

If you would like to receive student loans, you will need to complete Loan Entrance Counseling and a MPN (Master Promissory Note) in addition to the FAFSA. Click here.

Scholarship Information

Applying for scholarships is recommended. There is a lot of money out there to help you pay for school. Click here.

For more information, click here.

Complete the online Orientation. Orientation is a great way to learn what to expect when you arrive at OTC. Learn about the cost and payment options, financial aid and much more. Login to MyOTC to start your orientation.

Request Your Official Transcripts

Request official transcripts from all previously attended institutions and military transcripts be sent to:

Admissions Office
Ozarks Technical Community College
1001 E. Chestnut Expressway
Springfield, MO 65802

High School Transcripts
Contact your high school to have an official transcript sent. If you are currently in high school, send your transcript after you have graduated.

Missouri or Texas High School Equivalency (HSE)
If you completed the HSE in Missouri or Texas, OTC may be able to verify it for you. We will notify you if we need additional information.

Out-of-State High School Equivalency (HSE)
Contact the state where you completed the HSE to have an official transcript sent.

College Transcripts
Contact all previously attended colleges (including dual credit classes) to have official transcripts sent.

Military Transcripts
Click here for more information about requesting military transcripts and OTC equivalencies.

Click here to see what makes transcripts official.
Click here to see how your credits may transfer to OTC.

Guided Self-Placement

Guided self-placement is an alternative to timed placement tests like the ACT; it may be a more effective mechanism for placement in English, math and reading courses that are applicable to your experiences, interests and goals.

Before registering in classes, view our Guided Self-Placement Resources below. It will be your responsibility to decide which English, math and reading courses are the best fit for you. It is important that you make an informed and wise choice about your placement.

Attend a STAR Seminar & Register for Classes

At your STAR (Student Advising and Registration) Seminar you will learn which classes are required for your program of study, how to create an education plan and how to register for classes.

To assist you with your college-major and/or career-choice decisions, we recommend using our free ACE (Academic and Career Exploration) services before attending STAR.

For more information on STAR click here.

For more information on registration dates click here.

Change of Schedule? Drop, Add and Withdraw.

Make Tuition Payment Arrangements - MyPay MyWay

After you register for classes, you must make payment arrangements by the payment deadline.

  • Option 1: Pay your tuition in full by using Quikpay to make an immediate payment.
  • Option 2: Enroll in a My Payment Plan
    • MyPay – Monthly – Pre-authorized payments deducted monthly from your designated bank account or credit card.
    • MyPay – Pending Financial Aid – With this option, OTC will delay your ONE payment until later in the semester. This is the recommended option for students awarded financial aid including A+, Veteran’s benefits and scholarships. This option is only available once you have submitted your FAFSA and all other required documentation to the Financial Aid office.

Your options are available in MyOTC at the My Payment Plan link on the Access OTC tab or at the Student Finance tab in OTC Central.

*Payment arrangements must be made every semester.

*This will open up the log in page for your MyOTC.

Purchase Your Textbooks

In MyOTC use the My Booklist link to view the textbooks and required supplies for your classes. Use the Reserve Textbook Information link to reserve your textbooks for quick pick up at the OTC Bookstore. (Available during fall and spring semesters only)

Students that set up a My Payment Plan are able to charge their books to their student account.

Back To Top