- Complete the admission process with OTC.
- Complete the appropriate process(es) below:
If you are a veteran: complete VA form 22-1995, Change of Program or Place of Training. This link will take you to the VA website and the VONAPP application system. Be sure to select “submit” after you have completed your application. AND submit DD-214 (Member-4 copy) to the OTC Certifying Official. Also submit any other related documents, such as kicker contracts.
If you are using Survivor/Dependant benefits: complete VA form 22-5405, Change of Program or Place of Training. Be sure to select “submit” after you have completed your application.
If you are a Reservist: please submit a copy of your DD-2304 Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) to the OTC Certifying Official.
3. To get the most credit possible for military training, submit a copy of your military transcript.
It is STRONGLY recommended that students receiving VA benefits file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
Once you have registered in classes:
- Enroll in MyPay MyWay by the appropriate payment deadline. Eligibility for VA benefits DOES NOT make a student eligible for the deferred payment plan. If you are Chapter 33 or 31 and want a deferred payment plan, you MUST complete the FAFSA. All other Chapters must be Pell eligible or complete the student loan process to use the deferred payment plan.
- After you have registered for classes, complete the Request for Certification form and submit it to the OTC Certifying Official. To complete this form, you MUST know what Chapter of the GI Bill you are using.
Please check your OTC e-mail frequently. OTC e-mail is the official method of contact used by the VA Certifying Official.
NOTE: All documents may be submitted to the VA Certifying Official by any of the following methods:
Located at the Front counter of Student Services (Springfield campus)
Ozarks Technical Community College
ATTN: Veterans Services
1001 E Chestnut Expressway
Springfield, MO 65802
any Student Services location