- Go to a Missouri License Bureau Office or download a Driver’s Guide
- Study the Driver’s Guide for the required exams; plan to take the written and driving exams.
- The Springfield testing center is located in downtown Springfield, 149 Park Central West (State Building), (417) 895-6551. Testing Hours are 8:00 a.m.-4:00p.m. on Monday-Friday, weather permitting. (You are encouraged to arrive as early in the day as possible, as the lines for testing can be lengthy.)
- On the day of your test, present three documents as proof of identity. You must present your Passport and I-94; you also need to present your social security card, a letter from the IPO, or your student ID.
- Take and pass both the written and driving tests.
- You will then need to take your testing papers, documentation, and the appropriate processing fees to an official Licensing Bureau (one is located on the second floor of the testing center). The Licensing Bureau will give you a temporary license until your official license is sent to you in the mail (within 2-3 weeks).
Please note that not all visas entitle the bearer to a Driver’s License. If in doubt about your visa qualifications, call the License Bureau at (573) 751-4600